At OC Nannies, We work with people of all ethnic backgrounds, including Americans, Hispanics, Europeans, Middle Easterners, and Asians. We don’t discriminate against anyone however, we do require that all candidates for hire pass our rigorous 74 point qualification process.
The Qualification Filter
Out of those who come to apply at our agency, less than 10 percent pass our qualification process. It is out of this small pool of hand selected candidates, the best-of-the-best, with whom our clients get to meet, interview, and ultimately choose to hire.
In addition, we meet every single applicant face-to-face. Not only do they have to pass our internal vetting process but we also have to be very impressed with them personally in order for us to consider helping them. Regardless of skills and experience, people who don’t have glowing references don’t get to meet our clients.
Our 74 point qualification process encompasses the following points:
Legality and Work Eligibility
- Citizenship check
- Green card check
- Work permit check
- Copies made of all documents
Legally validated current ID
- Drivers license
- US State identification card
- Birth certificate
- Copies made of all documents
(Background and criminal history checks performed by US Information Search.)
- Nationwide background
- Social Security check
- Sex offenders registry
- Arrest history
- Address history
- Driving record
- Traffic violations
- Full name
- Email address
- Home address
- Phone number
- Auto Insurance Verificaiton
- Willing to use car for work
- Which languages do they speak
- Hourly rate requirement
- Position desired
- Willingness to travel
- Cooking ability
- Willingness to cook
- Do they feel comfortable working with pets
- When can they start
- Anything that they definitely don’t want to do in a home or with children
- Education level
- Do they currently attend school
- Brief introduction (tell us about yourself)
- Why they want to do this type of work
- Description of their ideal job
- Level of commitment
- How long do they plan to do this type of work
- Work history (minimum two years in profession)
- Reference checks (checked in person while they wait)
- Employer name
- Ages of persons cared for
- Live in or Live out
- Work schedule
- Reason for leaving
- Record of internal OC Nannies staff who checked references for accountability purposes.
- Experience caring for infants
- Activities during work history gaps
- Job stability and reliability assessment
- Over-all presentation
- Personality (disposition and demeanor)
- Personal hygiene
Training & Certifications
- CPR certified
- Trustline Registered
- Career development courses
- We refer our candidates to the best schools in the area, which we have personally sourced, in order to help facilitate them getting their certifications up-to-date.
- Proof of vaccinations
- We refer our candidates local clinics which we have personally sourced to facilitate their acquisition of current vaccinations.
- Special needs training
- Sign language
- Nutritional training
- Special diets (For cooks and chefs)
- We apply our extensive experience to assess and ensure a candidates compatibly with our clients when choosing who you meet. We put ourselves in our client’s shoes in order to try to match the right people, not only based on professional criteria, but on personality fit as well, to ensure a successful working relationship.
- Upon hiring one of our candidates, our agency will provide you with a packet containing all pertinent information we have collected about your hire.
Call Us Today: (949) 721-0878
Or contact us here to get started, click here!
Employer acknowledges that although OC Nannies & Newport Domestic Agency requests a criminal background check of employee, such background check is limited to accessing public information regarding criminal convictions from Multi-State Court Records: Statewide Court Records, County Records, and Department of Corrections Records, County Arrest Records, and Sexual Offender Records search through a leading provider of background screening (US Information-Multi-State). Employer acknowledges and understands that Agency is not a licensed private investigator, and therefore, can not be held liable or responsible for failure to discover any improprieties with employee’s background.
This report does not guarantee the accuracy or truthfulness of the information as to the subject of the investigation, but only that it is accurately copied from public records. Information generated as a result of identity theft, including evidence of criminal activity, may be inaccurately associated with the consumer who is the subject of the report. Additionally, U.S. Information Search makes no recommendation as to interpretation of the information. By acceptance of this report, the client accepts full responsibility for any use or disclosure of this report or its contents.
Although we make every attempt to qualify and verify the information we collect from all applicants, we cannot guarantee the information collected by our office about any candidate, whether referred or hired. As the client, you are the employer and therefore are responsible for verifying any information about the person you choose to hire.